Wednesday, May 21, 2008

the family is growing...

So its almost summer which means it's co-op student time... Last year Niki was my co-op, and we got along pretty well, so she's still working for me... This summer Bryce Huffman will be helping us in the studio, he's actually a bud of Niki's from school... He's been in a couple of times so far, he's a good dude and definitely has skills...



His first job was to dig through the garbage so Niki and I could take photos and laugh at him...




His work is good, I'll post a link once I figure out where he posts stuff...

My old bud Adam is helping me out in the studio for a bit too, he just moved back from Italy and has no cash, so he's building some stuff for me around the studio for the next couple of weeks... He used to assist me way back, around 5 years ago as a volunteer... I met him around the same time I met Andrew... I feel a bit weird about him helping me out around here, just cause he's way smarter and way more talented than me...



The family is growing in another way too... My cousin Sogna got married on Sunday... She and I are the two artists in the family, shes an amazing painter and photographer, so I feel especially close to her, and her new man is a great guy... Anyway, Congratulations Sogna and Jason...!

2 comments:

TKKultist said...

Hey man! The site is looking good, the blog is looking good, the articles are looking good hot dang! Its all coming together :)

I was watching a show about vinyl and collectors art toys on the space channel and they showed your toy on there as well which was pretty damn cool! (I think it was during a section where Kozik was talking - somewhere around 2/3 through the show)

Anyhoo my thoughts for the moment were about you. Now my skull is empty once more. TTYS

Anonymous said...

Hey Nick

This week an exhibition was made for my class' AS first year art at my school and the feedback and appreciation concerning my work really made me feel happy and inspired so i just wanted to pass on the feeling because over my course i have studied your work on many ocassions.
Your work has inspired me immeasurably and i'm a big fan of the road of knives probably because of my manga and black and white influences so i particularly love it.
I was also wondering, how do you deal with creative droughts? if you ever have them? i'm going thorugh a massive drought at the moment and i can relate to you in that any longer than a day i go without drawing messes me up but i've been going for weeks now and i cant seem to get back into my normally creative set of mind...
Just wondering if you had any tips

:)

and i'd also really like it fi you informed me any time you are in london doing exhibitions or works as i'd greatly like to see your work at first hand

i've included my deviantart with my piece inspired by you and just another piece my friend scanned for me but i'd love it if you could get back to me about a london visit on my e-mail;

ednotfredinapiratesuit@hotmail.com

thanks for everything

ed