Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Die Young

bOkok, so my book has been released, I got my copies in the mail last week, and I'm really reaaaallllly excited... Here are some bad photos of it I took with my camera phone, click them and they get bigger...











So here is the info:

15cm x 14cm
192 full colour pages
text in english and spanish
3 colour silkscreen cover on soft PVC

Its got tons of drawings and paintings in it, the old sculpture work that my best friend Matt and I used to make, sketches, and a bunch of studio photos...

Its edited by Belio in Spain and is part of their Die Young series. It was partially funded by Carhartt...

The book will be available on my site very soon, within a couple of days... If you live in Europe, its available now though through Belio.

Ok, sorry the last couple of posts have been lacking pizazz in the writing style. You know what I'm talking about when I say pizazz? Ah, anyway, I have 6 weeks to finish a bunch of drawings for the launch party in Berlin, and my brain isn't capable of linguistic pizazz these days...

Thats the last time I'll use the word pizazz on this blog, I promise. 4 times is enough for any blog I think...





pizazz.

6 comments:

attila said...

looks awesome nicholas. i still get many questions and compliments about "the magic pills" that i bought from you years ago.

Nik Dudukovic said...

i fuckin want one, it looks awesome.

Larissa Thomas said...

wow nick.
your book looks totally phenomenal.
connnnggggratulationsssssssss!
(how much are they?)

i was wondering when you were back. because i've been thinking, wow i miss nick. so i want to know what afternoon/evening in the next week would be good, to stop by your studio, with a 6-pack and like a bag of chips (or a walk-in $6 pizza) or something. i'll bring homework too, and we can hang out.

Cloverbell said...

How can I buy one? :3 I'm obsessed with process books, they're so inspiring!

Geert said...

It's a fantastic book! I know, 'cause I already have one. :) I found a copy in Madrid last month. At the Reina Sofia museum.

Nicholas Di Genova said...

Whoa, someone already owns the book, thats so cool! Thanks for picking it up man!

Yeah, thanks for the kind words everyone! Things have been going well, I've finally started waking up before 3pm, and I eat more than just pizza now too... The winter always gets me down, but things are looking up!

Larissa, come over to the studio! Come anytime, I'm usually always here, unless I'm sleeping at Jamiyla's but that only happens once or twice a week...

So yes, call me. Come draw with me. I'll give you a lap dance...